Thursday, July 19, 2007

New joiner [Hot]

A girl who is more experienced (and probably older) than me joined our team during my leave. Only knew some of her background before she joined, and I didn't have frequent contacts with her these few days except for the welcoming lunch today.

Incident 1

"It's ridiculous that you guys don't have cell number of others within the team even being teammates for 2 years!"

That's what the new joiner commented when she knew that only I but not others in the team knew the cell phone number of my manager. I told her it's a good signal meaning that you won't be reached out of office so that you won't be grabbed back to office for work during non-office hours, but seemed like she didn't agree with it.

Okay, just gave her his number as she was so desperate to know about it ...

Incident 2

9pm. I, manager Y and new joiner were in office. I didn't know what the new joiner was working on --- indeed she shouldn't have any further assignment on hand. Manager Y picked his wallet from the pedestal, said goodbye and left office.

The new joiner packed her stuffs at once and left. “Wao, why you could leave so sudden, aren't you working on something?” asked a guy from another team. "My boss has left, why should I stay?"

Kidda shocked upon hearing it. Was she working just now indeed? Were all people that "realistic"? Was I being too "responsible" then?

No comments: