Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Snapshots of my work

Got a very tight working schedule today, kept writing e-mails and reading confirmations all day long. Went to the dealing floor twice and was being introduced to a senior trader. When I read the name of that trader previously on confirmations, I presumed he must be an aged foreigner --- at least in his middle age. Turned out that he looked very young, and was quite friendly. He's busy at the moment I approached him, so I'd go meeting him tomorrow morning again. Hope that he won't turn bad-tempered by then. Sorry, I knew the stuffs I'd ask were tiresome, I didn't wanna deal with that old trade as well, I just followed the "guidance and instruction" given by Trevor =P

Got an interesting observation on the trading floor. All traders were tall, even for Chinese ones. Then I thought of tall, tall Michael. He's a trader as well, but in another bank. Was that being tall the pre-requisite of being a trader?

Upon receiving the last round of e-mails from a counterparty in London, it marked the end of my peak season --- September coupon payment confirmed ... wahaha, so happy with it *,* but then, I was suddenly given a new mission ... me alone again? blah ~ @_@

Sometimes, I wondered if Trevor would feel bored reading all those e-mails I sent to counterparties. On average 15+ e-mails every day, excluding those replied by counterparties. Nothing funny, all were tedious business contents, sometimes lengthy. I once suspected that he didn't read them at all, but he did. I suggested to him not to copy him e-mails I sent in a past occasion; anyway, he said it didn't matter and he might add on mine sometimes. If everybody copied their e-mails to him, he gotta read more than 500 e-mails everyday. How could he do that? No wonder he focused on the computer screen most of the time if he's not away for meeting ... Was that sitting like stone in front of computer the pre-requisite of being top management?

Off at 7.45pm finally. Felt very hungry since I had a light lunch this afternoon. Gotta rush back home for dinner prepared by father ... yummy *,*

No comments: