Friday, July 14, 2006

Surprises vs Dilemma [Hot]

Received an unexpected call and being asked to go to Room 4 on 15/F suddenly at around 5pm. Trevor was sitting there without light on. Chatted for a while and got the "Strictly private and confidential" letter. Very surprising indeed, I didn't know whether my facial expression has betrayed me.

Trevor asked me to think about my career developments. Such a broad question, I sought for clarification. "Maybe it's time for you to consider whether you would like to stay with the same product, move on to another, or you would like to manage people?"

Didn't give an immediate feedback. Actually, what's on my mind at that time was
- I could not buy out myself anymore
- it would be more difficult for me to get an IA job of the same remuneration package with my existing title
- going forwards, I could only ask potential employers to wait until the end of my 3 months notice period before I could report duty, or buy me out right away.

Whole-heartedly thankful for the rewards indeed. Anyway, happiness came with hesitation. Interests vs Pays. Dilemma and contradiction.

Gosh ... still have 9 months to go according to my plan. Could I make a good decision by then?

No comments: