Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Lonely Lunch

Nobody went out for lunch with me this afternoon =( Felt really upset about that. Got used to have lunch with a big group of people in my previous jobs. Seemed that it's not the culture here.

Went to "Dumpling Garden" to have dumpling noodles alone. It's one of my favourite places for lunch, though a bit far away (near the Centre). After having a bowl of delicious dumpling noodles, started to wander around before going back to office. I enjoyed the time walking under sunshine out of office; it'd be even better if the temperature was not that crazily high.

Kept sweating when I was back to office. Right at this moment, fresh graduate K was back from lunch. He kept on asking question about PwC, saying that he just had lunch with a PwCer working in the tax department who knew me (but whom I didn't know and couldn't even recall her name or face at all @_@). Seemed like he couldn't stop having PwC spinning around his brain everyday, and, as a listener, I was really annoyed. He even browsed JobsDB webpage in office! Quite naïve indeed even he's a fresh graduate (Well, to be more accurate, a graduate with Physics bachelor degree and master degree in Finance). Hope that the situation would improve later on.

Obtained some coaching from Trevor and Jeffery this afternoon, and started to do checking work on a piece of confirmation. They used to call it as "Confo". Other than that, I kept on reading FIM and some ISDA definitions. Off at 8.15pm. Would the off time move earlier and earlier each day? =P

No comments: