Thursday, July 28, 2005

PowerVantage

Arrived at Central by 9.10am, but I was late for work and was in my desk finally by 9.40am … not late to certain extend as we could get back by 10.30am actually, it’s just a bit later than the normal time I went back to office =P

What made me late? All because of the so-called "high-tech", "efficient" and "value-added" Online Banking system.

I applied for PowerVantage account online on 22 July, and an acknowledgement receipt popped, generated a reference number for the application and stated some sentences like bringing the staff card to any branch to complete application. I brought my staff card to Telford Garden branch and Central Main Building branch on 23 July and 26 July respectively, but counter staff there didn't know how to process it at all. I called the customer services hotline twice, the staff just said I missed some grids on the online form, so the application couldn't be captured --- actually I doubted this reasoning very much; if it's really the case, I won't have the acknowledgement receipt at all! What's more ridiculous was that the customer services officer asked me to go to the branch to open the account if I was in Hong Kong rather than applying it online!!! @_@

Okay, I went to the Central Main Building branch to apply for account opening this morning before start of work. So weird that I could see the staff (since I sat at an angle at which I could browse the LCD monitor) retrieving my online application submitted on 22 July when she tried to open an account; she even queried why I came to the branch to open it!!!

See, how "GOOD" the banking service was!

No comments: