Monday, July 11, 2005

My First Day with HSBC

1. Didn't put on any make-up. If the HR manager didn't ask me to dress in suit for staff card photo-taking on the first day, I wouldn't bother to wear my old suit in such a hot summer day at all >_< "

2. Gotta wake up at 6.30am and arrive at HR Department at Olympic at 8.30am. Super tired!!! That's why I got onto the MTR heading for wrong direction at Lai King @_@

3. Arrived at Central by 9.45am something. Same as last time, waited at the reception area on L15. Met Trevor the Line Manager after several minutes. What's different from last time was, he said "Myra, welcome to HSBC."

4. After a brief introduction by Trevor, I realized that I'll be working on something which I was totally fresh, something which haven't been developed in reality when we're studying finance in University --- Credit Derivatives.

5. Knew that I've missed 6 days training. If I learnt about the training beforehand, I'd rather leave ICBCA earlier to join.

6. Had lunch with Trevor on L28. HKD34 for full set of buffet lunch! Crazy!!! Anyway, I had neither HSBC credit card nor L28 messing card, so Trevor gave a treat this time =P

7. Reading FIM whole day long, felt so sleepy especially after lunch.

8. Finally got passwords for computer access by 5pm something. So many e-mails already!

9. One of the fresh graduate K who will work in the same team with me kept on asking stuffs about PwC, salaries, way to join Big 4, etc ... felt a bit annoyed indeed -_-"

10. Trevor finally squeezed some time by 7pm something or 8pm to have a talk to me and K about credit default swap. It's completed by 8.45pm which marked the end of my first day work here!

No comments: