Monday, July 25, 2005

Weird thoughts during lunch hour

Gotta have lunch alone again. Really feel bad about that, I hate having lunch alone; but the fact is if I wanna survive here, I would have to get accustomed to this culture.

Another stuff which I have to get used to is the working style. Everyday I just keep on waiting, waiting, waiting in the morning, then waiting, waiting, waiting in the afternoon. Wait for what? For completed deals by traders, and for confirmations from counterparties. Dealers won't consider spreading their deals throughout the day, they like to rush to input all deals at the last moment. If they do it the former way, my work could be evenly distributed throughout the day and, with my speedy working pace, I'd have them completed pretty soon and can go home early everyday. I won't have to wait, wait, wait for whole day for nothing, and then rush for completion of all work starting from evening. Maybe I'm used to the free working style as auditor. You'd be able to arrange your own tasks and time, and as long as you can complete stuffs on time, everything would be pretty fine. I hate waiting for nothing.

Hierarchy is a big problem as well. Just looking at simple thing as business cards printing, you would realize their hierarchical way of daily operations.

All these were concerns which popped up on my mind during my lonely lunch. Would I like to cope with them? Still don't know up to now. Let's observe for some more time.

No comments: