Saturday, February 18, 2006

Smart ID [Cool]

Went to apply for Smart ID card with Ming at the Kowloon East Centre. We've previously reserved the timeslot online. Upon our arrival and showing our ID cards, the staff gave us forms with pre-printed details. All we needed to do was to fill in some of those blank grids on the form which took less than a minute. Stepped into another room for fingerprint scanning and photo-taking right away, the staff was so nice that she allowed me to took more than 5 photos ... haha =P Picked the one which I laughed crazily finally (could you imagine, a laughing girl on a serious ID card ... haha *,*) The next step was to have the immigration officer double checked details and fingerprint scanning, after which she gave a notice of new ID card pick-up on the 2nd week counting from today. It took less than 15 minutes to complete the whole process, so efficient!

2 comments:

Marvin So said...

There are 4 - 5 ppl to handle an application. Moreover, many staff there are just hanging around and chit and chat with those working. How could it be inefficient!?

I think it's just a waste of taxpayers' monies.

Sana said...

Do you remember the one who handled my application? the no. 40 counter I meant, seemed like I'm one of her rare customers, she welcomed me by the counter front and let me took so many photos even it's sat ... haha ... A nice auntie anyway =)

It'd be pretty nice working there then!