Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Long-awaiting peaceful lunch [Sunny]

Hadn't have lunch alone for a couple of weeks, today came the chance. Wanna have egg tarts from Maxim the Pier but all were stocked out. Instead I had the sponge cake, or what I preferred to call, the "liar cake" =P

Guessed that it might be cold sitting at the City Hall Podium, however, it's not the case at all. Sitting on the bench facing the Victoria Harbour, I started have my great lunch under warm sunshine. So comfortable it was! It didn't take long for me to finish my lunch --- after all it's just a small cake, and I knew I won't be starved since a manager would treat for snacks in the afternoon. Sat there enjoying the harbour view for a while before I went to the public library. The construction of new pier distorted the beauty of the harbour. Couldn't it be stopped?

It's the first time for me to go to the library on the 3rd floor from the podium through the City Hall Marriage Registry --- its door was closed the last few times I went there for lunch. Seemed that a just-married couple walked out from the Registry for photo-taking after their wedding ceremony, and happiness extinguished their obligations to close the door behind them after the ceremony =P Anyway I should be thankful to them, since they brought me a shortcut to go to the library, and also lead the way for my first visit to the City Hall Marriage Registry ... haha

Spent at least half an hour in the library after I grabbed the "Lonely Planet: East Africa" from the bookshelf. I was not reading that book though --- that's for my home-reading; instead, I watched two pieces of short fictions from the author "Yee Shu". To be honest, I didn't read any passages of cultural values for long, and finally I did it today. Wanna go on for the 3rd piece of reading, but it's time to go back to office ... Gosh, gotta work hard again =(

2 comments:

Day Tripper said...

Up till now I haven't been to the harour side yet, though I had a glance after getting out from West Tunnel some days before.

Oh yes, I did go to that car park last week, did you remember where is it?

Sana said...

Car park at Ocean Terminal?