Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Offer

Emmy called by 3pm something, I was granted the offer! How come?! Really felt surprised. Remuneration package was pretty good, what attracted me most was 22 days AL ... I could go for long trip from time to time then!

She told me that other offers were pretty confirmed as well, so I gotta consider whether I'd like to stick with internal audit or change to operations position. It's a dilemma. I was sure I could handle IA well, but got no confidence to perform well in operations at all. However, it's really a valuable opportunity since I might not be able to get another offer for operations of similar remuneration package.

Called back Emmy finally to accept the offer by 5pm. I didn't know whether I'd be on the right track, but what on my mind was that I could always switch back to IA if I'm not comfortable with operations, but it'd be hard for me to change from IA to operations in future.

So, starting from 11 Jul 2005, I'll be with Treasury Service Department of HSBC CIBM Section. A bit risky indeed, as I'll be a brand new starter in the field. Was it an appropriate decision? Who knows?

No comments: